• Insead Young Managers Program
General Executive Education. Fontainebleau (France).
• M.A., Industrial Relations, University of Minnesota.
Minor Concentration: Business. Minneapolis, MN. Graduate School Fellowship.
• B.A., Organizational Psychology, San Jose State University.
Minor Concentration: Business. San Jose, CA. Graduated with Great Distinction.
Kimberly Kristenson-Lee, MA
Leadership Development and Organization Renewal Consultant
Art of Convening Certified Convener
We are not defined by our deficiencies and what is missing. We are defined by our gifts and what is present. We choose our destiny when we have the courage to acknowledge our own gifts and bring them into the world. -Peter Block
Over twenty-five years’ experience in increasingly challenging roles at a Fortune Five energy company have honed my ability to work with teams and individuals during times of transition and renewal. I am a service-oriented developer of team capability, focused on clarifying priorities, renewing performance abilities and producing quality results. I work in partnership with leaders at all levels.
My greatest professional satisfaction comes from providing coaching, guidance and thought partnership to implement meaningful change projects. The breadth and depth of experience I've acquired transfers well to advising organizations of varying size, industry, and complexity.
My business experience is complimented by more than a decade of involvement with Integral Transformative Practices International (ITPI), a for-impact organization that helps individuals and groups awaken their fullest performance potential, and implement positive change.
• Organization design leader for Chevron Pipeline restructure. Delivered $38MM savings in routine operating expense against a $140MM baseline; reduced overhead positions by 20%; implemented updates to strategy and leadership practices.
• Developed and executed Major Capital Project (MCP) Leader Development process for leaders of major capital projects ($250MM to $40B in size). Delivered a skills-based 360-degree feedback and coaching system for 200 project leaders.
• Launched and led Talent Management Center of Expertise (COE) for Capital Project Management organization. Managed technical development programs spanning all career stages. Convener of COE governance committee accountable for $200MM in consulting spend.
• Led People Strategy planning, execution, and communication for Corporation HR. Deployed and improved People Strategy deployment across all business units. Managed company-wide HR business planning.
• Revitalized Corporate-wide Leader Succession and Development Planning. Identified and developed leaders. Operated succession planning for executive positions, development planning for high potential pool of 800, bench-strength review for CEO, HR VP, and Board.
CHEVRON 1991 - 2016
PROJECT RESOURCES COMPANY (PRC) 2008 - 2016
Chevron’s principal resource for the execution of major capital projects (projects >$250MM). PRC partners with upstream and downstream business units to deliver capital project excellence.
· 2016 – ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE MANAGER
Led organization redesign team process for Business Unit client, resulting in $28MM savings in operating expense, updates to strategy and work processes, and a 20% reduction in positions. Delivered strategic organization design and culture change consulting for client groups.
· 2011 - MANAGER – TALENT MANAGEMENT CENTER OF EXPERTISE (COE).
Launched Talent Management COE, to develop project leader and professional talent for a portfolio of major capital project (MCPs) normally totaling ~$25B-35B in annual spend. Provided oversight for four development programs, workshops, and development of participants.
· 2008 - MAJOR CAPITAL PROJECT (MCP) CONSULTANT
Led redesign of center organizations (project consulting, supply chain, health & safety, organization capability) for capital project business unit, resulting in re-alignment of a 200-person organization. Consulted to projects on change and stakeholder management to support execution. Projects scope from $5B to $40B.
CORPORATION HEADQUARTERS 2005 - 2008
Corporate headquarters for the second largest integrated energy company in the U.S., with $190 billion in revenues in 2005 and operations in over 180 countries.
· GLOBAL MANAGER – HR STRATEGY, PLANNING, AND COMMUNICATIONS.
Convener of Chevron’s HR Strategy and Planning Committee for the Corporate HR VP and direct reports. Managed Corporate HR’s budget ($116MM). Advanced Chevron’s People Strategy, “Invest in People” for the Chevron HR Committee. Provided reporting scorecard, trends to Corporate Planning Committee.
ORONITE COMPANY 2003 - 2005
A global $1.2 billion end-to-end business unit within Chevron focused on the development, manufacture, and marketing of performance additives for fuels and lubricating oils.
· GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER.
Convener of Oronite Personnel Development Committee (PDC), comprised of the Oronite President and Department VPs. Led delivery of HR products and services and people performance metrics. Served an employee base of 2000 employees in four major U.S. locations and 18 non-U.S. locations. Scope of payroll: $131MM USD equivalent.
· GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, IT COMPANY 2001 – 2003
· PROJECT MANAGER – INTERNATIONAL HR INTEGRATION, CHEVRONTEXACO MERGER 2000 – 2001
· MANAGER – EXECUTIVE RESOURCES, CORPORATION 1997 – 2000
· MANAGER – HR PLANNING AND PROJECTS AND VARIOUS OTHERS 1991 - 1997
• Co-Author, article – Leadership Practices Predict Work Unit Performance, submitted for publication.
• Strategic Organization Design Seminar, USC Marshall School of Business–Center for Effective Organizations. Advanced design certification in progress.
• Chevron Capital Project Development and Execution Process (CPDEP) – Basic and Supreme Certified. Certified in 2008, Recertified 2015.
• Co-Author, book - The DNA of Coaching, Sentia Publishing.
• Art of Convening™ Certified Convener, by Heartland: The Convening Company. Certified to deliver specialized dialogue method for optimizing decision quality, alignment, and commitment.
• Managed Change™ Agent Certified, by LaMarsh International. Certified to lead organizations in change, using Managed Change Process.