Join the global conversation about the questions that matter! we love the questions that matter, don't we? start one in your neighborhood. read on...
Conversation Week 2008 is Next Week -- March 24-30!
Conversation Week is a global effort to build a culture of conversation and get people talking about Big Questions that matter, both offline and online, sponsored by the Conversation Café initiative and Global MindShift . During the week of March 24-30, at over 100 locations on 6 continents, people will gather in small groups to discuss the Top 10 Questions of Our Time , a list of deep questions about the challenges facing humanity and the planet that was developed over the past month with the help of 1,500 people in 39 countries. In addition to face-to-face conversations, Global MindShift is hosting a set of online discussion groups covering the Top 10 Questions.
This year's questions are:
- How can we best prepare our children for the future?
- What does sustainability look like to you? How do we get there?
- How do humans need to adapt to survive the changes predicted for this century?
- How do we shift from “Me” to “We” on both local and global levels?
- How can you, as Gandhi said, "be the change you want to see in the world?"
- What kind of economic structures can best support a shift to sustainable living?
- How should we re-invent the political process so people feel they have a voice?
- What kind of leadership does the world need now?
- How can we balance personal needs with the most pressing needs of our community and the larger world?
- What can we do to reduce or eliminate violence in the world?
Anyone is welcome to host a Conversation Week dialogue -- with friends, neighbors, or strangers -- in public or in private. All it takes is picking one of the Top 10 Questions, gathering a group (ideally 6-8 people), having a thoughtful open dialogue, and reporting back about the experience at http://convsationweek.org. We encourage you to use the Conversation Café process, but any process that fosters open, honest, respectful dialogue will do. There are tons of resources for hosts <http://www.conversationweek.org/host-resources/> on the Conversation Week website.
Please come join the conversation!
VP Sales & Marketing
Quantum Shift Media Inc.
+1 612.327.0123 (mobile)
+1 612.326.5256 (SkypeIn)